[Vegetarian Week] 6 Reasons to become a Vegetarian
As we’re heading to the Vegetarian Week we wanted to introduce you this diet. That’s why, for the first day of this week we give you 6 reasons to try the benefits of being a Vegetarian. According to several studies, vegetarians tend to have a healthier way of life and they would even live longer! Let’s see why you should try it:
- Low blood pressure: some studies showed that a vegetarian average a lower blood pressure. So, for people who need an intervention it can be a good option to reduce their blood pressure. It’s also a good option if you are stressed and you’re looking for a way to relax.
- Lower risks of death: According to a study made in 2013 over 70000 people, vegetarians had a 12% lower risk of death compared to the meat eaters. Because of the no-presence of the saturated fat and cholesterol vegetarians have also lowers risks of diseases.
- Better moods: in 2012 a study aimed to compare three types of diet: all-meat allowed, fish-only and vegetarian no-meat. After two weeks, only the vegetarian reported to have a mood improvement while the rest of people were still bored to eat meat and fish.
- Lower risks of diabetes: while the diet won’t cure the disease, it can help people to lower risk for developing diabetes. This type of diet can help to maintain our weight and improve blood sugar control
- Eat meat can be the cause of several diseases. For example, it improves the risks to have diabetes, acne which is aggravated by animal foods and obesity which is also considered as a disease. Studies also showed that vegetarians tend to be thinner than meat eaters.
- Lower risk of cancer: according to researchers at Loma Linda University in California they found out that people had lower risks to have cancer if they were vegetarians. Although the study is not the final say on the matter, the most efficient diet for prevent cancer is not vegetarian but vegan. This diet reduces risks of having cancer and especially for women and the breast cancer.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.