Porridge with blueberry compote
Good morning everyone! Time to breakfast!
To do so we've found a delicious porridge recipe on bbcgoodfood.com. The best way to start your day may come with having a delightful breakfast and that's why you should absolutely try this one. A top high-fibre porridge oats with creamy Greek yogurt and blueberries.
Unfortunately we've already had breakfast here at Healthy Nibbles but if we hadn't we would have definitely tried this one this morning!
- 6 tbsp porridge oats
- just under ½ x 200ml tub 0% fat Greek-style yogurt
- ½ x 350g pack frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
1. Put the oats in a non-stick pan with 400ml water and cook over the heat, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and add a third of the yogurt.
2. Meanwhile, tip the blueberries into a pan with 1 tbsp water and the honey if using and gently poach until the blueberries have thawed and they are tender, but still holding their shape.
3. Spoon the porridge into bowls, top with the remaining yogurt and spoon over the blueberries.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.