5 Steps To A Healthier Diet
There are so many diets nowadays that are endorsed by celebrities, scientist, and nutritionists alike that is easy for people to get bogged down in the jargon of the latest fad. So, with that in mind, we have put together 5 easy tips to follow to start living a healthier and more fulfilled life through small dietary changes.
- Reduce simple carbohydrates and sugars in your diet – Reducing foods like white potatoes and white bread, alongside refined sugars can halt the insulin spikes and drops that many people feel after eating. These cause the body to crave more food and therefore force the body to put on weight through the intake of excess carbohydrates which are stored as fat.
- Increase fruit and vegetable consumption – Aiming for a minimum of 5 portions of fruit and veg per day (ideally up to 10) packs your body with vitamins required to live healthily, but also gives the body dietary fibre to allow for the healthy flow of the digestive system.
- Drink more water – Keeping yourself hydrated improves physical performance and brain function, crucial at work or when exercising. A 1% loss in hydration can lead to a 10% loss in performance. Similarly, being thirsty is often mistaken by the brain for hunger, so ensuring you are hydrated can reduce the amount you eat and snack.
- Eat slower – First of all, this allows you to appreciate the taste of your food more. Secondly, by eating slower, your body is able to recognise when it is full easier, meaning overeating is less likely.
- Eat less red meat – Red meat tends to be higher in cholesterol and fat than other proteins. Consuming fish, certain poultry, and plant proteins allow for leaner and healthier sources of protein into the body.
If you have any more dietary questions or would like to hear more about our healthy vending or white label offerings – here is the link to our website.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.