Charred avo & eggs
At Healthy Nibbles we always try to eat the healthiest but also the tastiest we can. To eat healthy doesn't mean to give up on tasty food. That's why we help you to find the most exciting recipes and today we wanted to showcase a delicious one which we've found on jamieoliver.com "Charred avo & eggs". Let's cook!
- 1 red pepper
- 4 spring onions
- ½ a ripe avocado
- olive oil
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- ½ a fresh red chilli
- a few sprigs of fresh soft herbs, such as parsley, mint, coriander
METHOD1. Halve and deseed the pepper, then slice into fine strips. Trim and finely slice the spring onions, then destone, peel and chop the avocado.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the spring onions, avocado and pepper and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly charred.
3. Using a speed-peeler, peel the skin from the sweet potato, then continue peeling into fine ribbons. Add to the pan, tossing with the charred veg, and fry for 3 minutes, or until the sweet potato ribbons start to char.
4. Spread the veg evenly in the pan, then use the back of a spoon to push and dig out two pockets. Crack an egg into each one, then tilt the pan so the whites run into the veg and bind everything together.
5. Season with sea salt and black pepper, cover with a lid or tin foil, then reduce the heat to medium–low and let the eggs cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how runny you like your yolks.
6. Meanwhile, deseed and finely chop the chilli, and pick and roughly chop the herbs.
7. Spoon the mixture onto a plate, dollop with cottage cheese and sprinkle over the chilli and herbs, then tuck in!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.