Another weekend of lockdown means another weekend of trying out some exciting new recipes! That's exactly what we asked @chazs_veggie_eats to do with her Vegan Snack Box from Healthy Nibbles. Chaz has created some delicious treats so that we can all try making them ourselves at home.
Fancy some Vegan Double Chocolate Gnawbles S’mores Cookies? We think so.
- 60g vegan butter
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 87g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- 30g mylk choc gnawbles
- 10 mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream together both of your sugars and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Sieve your flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into the smooth mixture and combine fully with the electric mixer.
- Now add the vanilla extract and the oat milk gradually, mixing constantly in the mixer until it resembles a cookie dough texture (be patient- it takes a minute for the oat milk to bring the mixture together!)
- Line a large baking tray (or two if you only have small ones) with baking paper. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 5 equal balls of cookie dough and lay them out on your baking tray(s).
- Take half of your vegan marshmallows and push one into the middle of each cookie. Wrap the cookie dough around it so that its fully covered.
- Next, flatten each cookie ball slightly with the palm of your hand and push 3 gnawbles into the top of each cookie. Then chop the rest of your marshmallows in half and press two halves into the top of each cookie.
- Place your cookies in the oven for ~10 minutes until cooked through (I always check this with a skewer- if it comes out clean they are cooked). Leave to cool slightly and then enjoy!
We know what the team at Healthy Nibbles will be baking this weekend! Yum.