My oh my.
We tasked @thequirkyveggie with creating something spectacular with our Vegan Snack Box and she certainly did not disappoint... just look at that chocolatey hazelnut-y goodness. Lucky for you, Isabelle has shared with us her full recipe. We think it's only fair that we pass this on!
Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce
Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce:
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp corn flour
- 120 ml plant milk
- 15g vegan butter
- 35g bar of Ombar Hazelnut Truffle
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 50ml plant milk
- 50ml sparkling water
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, add the cacao, corn flour, coconut sugar and mix together. Then, gradually pour in the milk - whisking as you add.
- On a low-medium heat, whisk until it reaches boiling point then reduce to a simmer. Keep stirring until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and chopped chocolate and slowly stir until melted. Set the sauce aside.
- Add the banana, plant milk, vanilla and sparkling water in a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and gently mix together.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with coconut oil. Add about 1 tbsp of pancake mixture to the pan (the mixture makes approx six pancakes).
- When little bubbles appear on the pancake, they're ready to flip. About 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- I served mine with a big drizzle of the chocolate sauce, chopped banana, crushed Creative Nature Chocolate Hazelnot Gnawbles and Wallaroo Coconut Chips. Enjoy!