Top 5 Healthy Chocolate Products
This week is National Chocolate Week, arguably everyone’s favourite week of the year. However, chocolate is inherently unhealthy, tends to neither be glute, nut, or dairy free and isn’t vegan. At Healthy Nibbles we believe that chocolate can be more than just an unhealthy luxury and can be a treat incorporated into your everyday diet – and a treat that can and should be available for everyone – no matter your dietary requirements. So here are our FIVE favourite healthy chocolate products.
- Ombar – Ombar create a series of decadent bars and buttons that we stock in all our vending and many of our snackbox offerings. Their Ombar centres (a luxurious filling covered in chocolate) even feature in this years Christmas Hampers. However, Ombar uses raw chocolate, roasting their beans at a far lower temperature – therefore allowing their bars to retain the health benefits associated with cacao. They use fine-flavoured cacao from Ecuador, the taste is richer and more intense.
“Where some dark chocolate can be bitter, Ombar is creamy, smooth and complex. Though you’re eating a healthy alternative, you’re still indulging in a luxurious and delicious bar of your favourite food. Raw chocolate is good for the mind, the body and the taste buds.”
- Doisy & Dam – Another favourite in all our snackboxes and vending machines, and again another brand that features in this years stunning Christmas Hampers. Doisy & Dam offer an incredible range of bars with a phenomenal variety of flavours as well as their ‘snaps’ bags (perfect for a night in). Their chocolate is low in sugar and comprises vitamin boosting ingredients such as goji berries and oranges. Their USP, however, is the quality of their ingredients from Colombia and their transparent and sustainable sourcing of ingredients, aiming to reduce social imbalances in the chocolate farming supply chain with a view to buying their own plantation by 2020.
Their work, and environmentally conscious values earned them a B-Corporation certification, an incredible achievement. Simply the guys who run the company want to “grow a company that leaves behind more than it takes.”
- Raw Halo – Raw Halo is another company that features regularly in our offerings (you can tell we like chocolate here). Their bars come in an array of flavours and both their small snack bar and larger ‘sharing’ bars are some of the most indulgent on the market. Raw Halo use Peruvian cacao, and (if you can’t tell by the name) are another raw chocolate bar – if you haven’t tried raw chocolate yet we strongly suggest you do. Their salted caramel and vanilla versions have won copious awards for their flavour and taste and have since found a home in prestigious stores such as Harrods.
Their bars are also vegan and gluten-free, another reason why we are such fans of their products at Healthy Nibbles, as their nutritional content fits directly into our values of enabling healthier choices for everyone.
- Rhythm 108 – Inspired by the ‘Yogi’ of Switzerland, Rhythm 108’s biscuits, brownies and bars are some of the finest tasting products on the UK market. We feature their coco-walnut brownie as well as their super-coconut bar, both of which are firm favourites with our consumers. To describe their bar – one of our team’s all-time favourite treats – is like a Bounty but times 1000. It certainly won’t be one of the last in the celebrations tin at Christmas we’ll put it that way. The chocolate is smooth and indulgent, while the coconut is soft and packed full of flavour – definitely recommended.
- Cocoa+ - They offer a range of protein-infused chocolate bars, they give you a sweet treat but also a 19g protein hit without compromising on flavour. Their bars infuse fitness and indulgence, perfect as an energy booster before the gym due to the BCAA content, but also perfect for after the gym, or at any time given the high-protein nature of the bars.The most popular bar we stock is their orange crisp chocolate protein bar. Think chocolate orange, except good for you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.