With a lockdown Valentine's on the cards, why not head to the kitchen and whip up some delicious goodies to enjoy with your household bubble.
Isabelle at @thequirkyveggie has definitely inspired us to do just that. Using her Valentine's Vegan Box from Healthy Nibbles, Isabelle created some beautiful Valentine's Love Heart Cookies... we can't wait to get baking!
- 120g plain flour
- 40g caster sugar (Isabelle used golden)
- 80g plant-based butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g quality dark chocolate (Isabelle used a mix of Doisy & Dam Buttons and Willie's Cacao Las Trincheras 72%)
- 2 bags Evolved freeze-dried strawberries (crushed)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix again for about a minute.
- Add in the flour and mix until this forms a cookie dough.
- Tip out the dough onto some cling film or greaseproof paper, wrap it up and refrigerate for 35 minutes to harden the butter.
- When the cookie dough has cooled, roll it out onto a floured surface. The dough should be about 4mm thick, then cut your cookies using a cookie cutter. Gently knead any cookie dough scraps back into a ball and roll them out again to make more biscuits.
- Place the biscuits onto a lined baking tray and bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly golden. Leave to cool completely.
- Finely chop half of the chocolate and break the other half into chunks and add to a bowl to melt. Place over a pan of boiling water and when melted, remove from the heat.
- Add in the remainder of the chocolate and stir until mixed. Continue to stir gently until the cookie has cooled to 26c. It should look shiny and glossy.
- Now tip half of the biscuit into the chocolate and top with the crushed freeze-dried strawberries and place back onto the lined baking tray and leave to set.
These would make a perfect gift for a loved one, or why not enjoy these yourself with a nice cup of tea? Enjoy!